Port forwarding...

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
Strider

Port forwarding...

Post by Strider »

From what I've read I'm assuming I've correctly setup port fowarding for the PS4 and I'm still struggling to work out why I'm getting disconnects from Electronic Art's servers from time to time.

Plus another weird issue I've encountered on the PS4, Anthem thinks I have no Internet connection with the DNS automatically set to 192.168.1.254 yet other games work no problem with it. It only works with the game if I set the PS4 DNS entires to manual with the supplied ISP DNS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: Port forwarding...

Post by billion_fan »

Strider wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 pm From what I've read I'm assuming I've correctly setup port fowarding for the PS4 and I'm still struggling to work out why I'm getting disconnects from Electronic Art's servers from time to time.

Plus another weird issue I've encountered on the PS4, Anthem thinks I have no Internet connection with the DNS automatically set to 192.168.1.254 yet other games work no problem with it. It only works with the game if I set the PS4 DNS entires to manual with the supplied ISP DNS.
So you have setup manual port forwarding for all your games.

Normally I would let UPNP open the ports it self, making sure UPNP is enabled on the PS4, and on the router, set the PS4 to obtain a IP address automatically.

What DNS servers are you using on the router?? (If the current DNS server settings are working for other games it can't the DNS Server, it is a strange issue that might game depend, I guess the only option will be leave the DNS servers set manually on the PS4)
Strider

Post by Strider »

I had always disabled UPNP from past routers due to issues. That was why I had always forwarded them.

The router is set to use the DNS automatically from the ISP. While IPv6 is set manually for Google.

If I enable UPNP can that be set only for the PS4 or will that be for every connected device to the Billion 8900? Personally I'd prefer it only for the console. Nothing else.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Strider wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:27 pm I had always disabled UPNP from past routers due to issues. That was why I had always forwarded them.

The router is set to use the DNS automatically from the ISP. While IPv6 is set manually for Google.

If I enable UPNP can that be set only for the PS4 or will that be for every connected device to the Billion 8900? Personally I'd prefer it only for the console. Nothing else.
Unfortunately when you enable UPNP on the router, all devices will then be able to use the function.