VPN issues

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
davidgodf

VPN issues

Post by davidgodf »

I recently managed to configure my router to connect to the internet with an Open VPN client. Whilst this works, I would like to be able to ensure that connected devices can only ever connect to the internet if the VPN connection is active.

Currently, if the VPN connection is not active for a period of time, it terminates and does not reconnect. Is there a way to force a keep alive or similar?

Also, is there a way to force a kill switch where internet connectivity is not possible unless the VPN client connection is active?

Finally, is there a way to force a VPN client connection to activate when the router restarts? Currently I seem to have to manually login to the router and active the connection.

Many thanks!
billion_fan

Re: VPN issues

Post by billion_fan »

davidgodf wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:34 pm I recently managed to configure my router to connect to the internet with an Open VPN client. Whilst this works, I would like to be able to ensure that connected devices can only ever connect to the internet if the VPN connection is active.

Currently, if the VPN connection is not active for a period of time, it terminates and does not reconnect. Is there a way to force a keep alive or similar?

Also, is there a way to force a kill switch where internet connectivity is not possible unless the VPN client connection is active?

Finally, is there a way to force a VPN client connection to activate when the router restarts? Currently I seem to have to manually login to the router and active the connection.

Many thanks!
Not currently, I will check with our engineers

Nope

Nope, but I will check with our engineers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 am
davidgodf wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:34 pm I recently managed to configure my router to connect to the internet with an Open VPN client. Whilst this works, I would like to be able to ensure that connected devices can only ever connect to the internet if the VPN connection is active.

Many thanks!
Not currently, I will check with our engineers

Nope

Nope, but I will check with our engineers
Can you confirm your model number and firmware version
davidgodf

Post by davidgodf »

Can you confirm your model number and firmware version
It's the BiPAC 8900AX R2, firmware is 2.52.d3