8900ax2400 QOS issues D27 firmware

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
TapMyHed

8900ax2400 QOS issues D27 firmware

Post by TapMyHed »

QOS. If i set or change a bandwidth limit of X% for an ip range or an individual ip address the QOS does not instantly adjust. On d23 it did, so i could fine tune kids bandwidth limit when watching YouTube or other video on the internet.

With d27, i have to reboot to see the new QOS change take effect.

Does the d41 version fix this. It worked really well with d23... Changes to the limits on the fly were seen straight away with the connected devices.

So apart from 5g dropping off ( mentioned in someone else's post) and the QOS issues, it's still a fantastic router and I've been a huge fan of the product for many many years now.
billion_fan

Re: 8900ax2400 QOS issues D27 firmware

Post by billion_fan »

TapMyHed wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:04 pm QOS. If i set or change a bandwidth limit of X% for an ip range or an individual ip address the QOS does not instantly adjust. On d23 it did, so i could fine tune kids bandwidth limit when watching YouTube or other video on the internet.

With d27, i have to reboot to see the new QOS change take effect.

Does the d41 version fix this. It worked really well with d23... Changes to the limits on the fly were seen straight away with the connected devices.

So apart from 5g dropping off ( mentioned in someone else's post) and the QOS issues, it's still a fantastic router and I've been a huge fan of the product for many many years now.
Give d41 a try and let me know if the same issue occurs, please note when upgrading to d41 firmware, a full factory reset will be needed and then manually reconfigure the device

Link to firmware 2.52.d41 viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14984&sid=8fdc84da ... 2&start=40
TapMyHed

Post by TapMyHed »

Thanks!
TapMyHed

Post by TapMyHed »

Factory reset and d41 uploaded. QOS changes still do not happen immediately to connected wifi devices. Not sure how long after, it seems to vary when the changes happen from a few minutes to tens of minutes.

The original QOS from d23 would also be applied to any lan connection, immediately, and the percentage applied would be to the EWAN lan speed for the internet connection. I would set the actual numbers here EG 35000 download and 10000 upload, then the percentage applied to the QOS Limit for an IP range would equally apply to that range of IP address (these pre set in the LAN settings associating an IP address to a MAC address. I bunch up the kids devices to specific IP so I can apply very specific QOS limits)

With d41, connected LAN devices in the IP range are not affected, only the Wifi devices, and then any changes are not implemented.

Its a shame you dont have a a page listing connected devices with their current upload/download connection speed and usage and a direct way to make a change to a specific connected device. WANTECH Quantum have such a feature, but sadly, is rubbish everywhere else!!!

Thats the QOS feedback so far.