OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
scobie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie » Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 am

Hi everyone, any update on this?

Cheers

billion_fan
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by billion_fan » Tue May 18, 2021 9:24 am

scobie wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:43 am
Hi everyone, any update on this?

Cheers
Still checking with our engineers

scobie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie » Fri May 21, 2021 12:50 am

Hi again BF, any news?

Thanks

Scobie

billion_fan
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by billion_fan » Fri May 21, 2021 9:22 am

scobie wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:50 am
Hi again BF, any news?

Thanks

Scobie
It seems Nord VPN have changed the security mechanism, hence the tunnel won't connect.

Our engineers need time to modify the coding, once I get a update and tested working with at least a TCP connection I will contact you.

I have also asked our engineers to investigate whether we can get our software working with Nord VPN UDP connections.

scobie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie » Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am

Ok thanks BF.

I’m about a week into a 30 day trial with Nord and I dare say the Billion Dev time will go beyond my trial period, so I’ll cancel my Nord account and revisit when the updates have been done.

Cheers

Scobie.

billion_fan
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by billion_fan » Fri May 21, 2021 10:21 am

scobie wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:50 am
Ok thanks BF.

I’m about a week into a 30 day trial with Nord and I dare say the Billion Dev time will go beyond my trial period, so I’ll cancel my Nord account and revisit when the updates have been done.

Cheers

Scobie.
That's fine, hopefully it won't be too long :D

scobie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie » Thu May 27, 2021 12:20 am

Morning Billion Fan, has there been any news from engineering on this update?

Thanks

billion_fan
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by billion_fan » Thu May 27, 2021 9:24 am

scobie wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:20 am
Morning Billion Fan, has there been any news from engineering on this update?

Thanks
Nope they are still working on it

scobie
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi, any update on this one?

Thanks

billion_fan
Posts: 5266
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by billion_fan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:10 am

scobie wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:20 pm
Hi, any update on this one?

Thanks
Engineers still working on it

Post Reply