BT FTTC

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
drevil88

BT FTTC

Post by drevil88 »

Hi All and Billion Fan,

not sure if you have seen this issue before, I have BT FTTC and using the flagship model 8900-2400 and open reach engineer told me that the billion router is restricting the line speed somehow. They used there fault finding device to do a line test and said the line is currently ~60meg but when I plug my router in the device detects a fault code CE which means customer equipment with line speed of 31meg.

I personally think open reach engineer is talking waffle as my line was getting ~60/70 meg prior to the fault on their network and they have to rewire a cable in a green box down the road as well as changing the face plate in my hallway as they said there was contention.

I have called into Billion who confirmed my SNR settings are good and just wonder if you had any ideas what else I can check, I am paying for BT package of ~71meg down and 18meg up but currently getting between 31 and 40.

Using firmware 2.52.d41

Appreciate a any help and thanks
billion_fan

Re: BT FTTC

Post by billion_fan »

drevil88 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:13 pm Hi All and Billion Fan,

not sure if you have seen this issue before, I have BT FTTC and using the flagship model 8900-2400 and open reach engineer told me that the billion router is restricting the line speed somehow. They used there fault finding device to do a line test and said the line is currently ~60meg but when I plug my router in the device detects a fault code CE which means customer equipment with line speed of 31meg.

I personally think open reach engineer is talking waffle as my line was getting ~60/70 meg prior to the fault on their network and they have to rewire a cable in a green box down the road as well as changing the face plate in my hallway as they said there was contention.

I have called into Billion who confirmed my SNR settings are good and just wonder if you had any ideas what else I can check, I am paying for BT package of ~71meg down and 18meg up but currently getting between 31 and 40.

Using firmware 2.52.d41

Appreciate a any help and thanks
Yes I spoke to you on the phone yesterday lol, as discussed, try the BT modem/router you have and also reset the device back to factory default settings, (make sure you make a backup of your config file, so if there is no change after the reset, you can restore your settings)

You can also try a firmware upgrade to 2.52.d48, (on the firmware upgrade page select 'Current Settings' to keep your settings after the firmware upgrade) but I don't think this will help as DMT code is the same.