Help: Wifi speeds incredibly slow / router keeps crashing

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
Cantora

Help: Wifi speeds incredibly slow / router keeps crashing

Post by Cantora »

G'day All, I have a BiPAC 8900AX-2400. I did a factory wipe on it and I get less than 1Mb/s download during a speed test (on a 1,000Mb/s connection) - on both 5G and 2.4G. I'm 5M away from the router.

I switchedf to a cheap Asus router and I get 204.90Mb/s

Both devices are factory default. Both have IGMP Snooping & Multicast enabled (not sure if relevant). Both set to auto everything (channel, etc).
As mentioned , facotry default, so no QoS configuration.

I'm just hoping someone might tell me something amazing before I throw it away (Right now i'm assuming defective)

One thing that I also did with the BiPAC was try using a wireles range extender. I set the same SSID and then after that it caused an IP config error and the router would crash continually (yes, I now know I should have used a different SSID). But after removing it, the router would still continue to crash.

Any thoughts of what I could do to try and resolve? It's latest firmware.
billion_fan

Re: Help: Wifi speeds incredibly slow / router keeps crashing

Post by billion_fan »

Cantora wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:24 am G'day All, I have a BiPAC 8900AX-2400. I did a factory wipe on it and I get less than 1Mb/s download during a speed test (on a 1,000Mb/s connection) - on both 5G and 2.4G. I'm 5M away from the router.

I switchedf to a cheap Asus router and I get 204.90Mb/s

Both devices are factory default. Both have IGMP Snooping & Multicast enabled (not sure if relevant). Both set to auto everything (channel, etc).
As mentioned , facotry default, so no QoS configuration.

I'm just hoping someone might tell me something amazing before I throw it away (Right now i'm assuming defective)

One thing that I also did with the BiPAC was try using a wireles range extender. I set the same SSID and then after that it caused an IP config error and the router would crash continually (yes, I now know I should have used a different SSID). But after removing it, the router would still continue to crash.

Any thoughts of what I could do to try and resolve? It's latest firmware.
How strange

Try following the 2 screen shots of suggested changes on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band.

Also make sure you have a different SSID on both bands (2.4ghz and 5ghz)

What is are speed with a Ethernet connection??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.