Setting up for BT fibre FTTP

General discussions for anything not model specific
spicnspan7

Setting up for BT fibre FTTP

Post by spicnspan7 »

Hi, please can anyone help me how to set up Bipac 8800AXL R2 for BT fibre FTPP. I wanted to keep it and don't want to use the supplied router as there is no qos. My fibre will be installed in couple of weeks and wanted to make sure that my billion router will work on the first day. Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me.
billion_fan

Re: Setting up for BT fibre FTTP

Post by billion_fan »

spicnspan7 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:13 pm Hi, please can anyone help me how to set up Bipac 8800AXL R2 for BT fibre FTPP. I wanted to keep it and don't want to use the supplied router as there is no qos. My fibre will be installed in couple of weeks and wanted to make sure that my billion router will work on the first day. Thanks in advance to anyone who will help me.
I think you mean a FTTP connection

BT should install a modem for you, you can connect this modem to the 8800AXL EWAN port.

Then run though the quick start option and setup the device for a Ethernet >>> PPPoE connection with your BT username and password entered.
spicnspan7

Post by spicnspan7 »

Hi, thanks for your reply. So it's PPPoE not the Ip over ethernet? Do I need to change the WAN port to "ethernet" as well? and are there any settings I need to change? Thank you again in advance I really appreciate your help.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

spicnspan7 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am Hi, thanks for your reply. So it's PPPoE not the Ip over ethernet? Do I need to change the WAN port to "ethernet" as well? and are there any settings I need to change? Thank you again in advance I really appreciate your help.
Yes its a Ethernet >>> PPPoE connection that's needed, if you have any port forwarding rules, they will need to be removed and added again with the new Ethernet >> PPPoE WAN interface selected (when adding the port forwarding rule)