Help with 7800dxl (australia) See 4th POST

General discussions for anything not model specific
bevomd

Help with 7800dxl (australia) See 4th POST

Post by bevomd »

Hello,

I am from australia, the ozzi forum is quite....well inactive, so i hope you folks can help.

Just got a 7800dxl today, brand new to all this. Assumed it would be a simple instal following the instructions.

Hooked up the device, logged onto it and ran through the quick start. Set up my WAN, and then the wireless. It all came back confirmed, ready to rock. However, I tried to access the internet, and nothing, couldnt even get a single web site. Tried connecting via a cable, again, nothing. Went and tested the xbox (wired) and that too has no connection. The xbox came back asking me for a "Taredo IP" ??? not sure what that is.

So, suffice to say, i'm a little stumped, not sure why i cant access the internet, as i'm now accessing it through my old modem (telstra supplied) and its working like a charm.

The basics:

7800dxl (lastest firmware)
Telstra ADSL2+ internet.
I/We use Apple computers
xbox one for games

Would just ike to know WHY i cant access the internet through the device. I got it to replace the somewhat cheap and nasty Telstra supplied modem.

Any help suggestions would be awesome. Willing to learn, but please remember Im new to the modem side of things

Cheers
bevan
Last edited by bevomd on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
billion_fan

Re: Help with 7800dxl (australia) No internet

Post by billion_fan »

bevomd wrote:Hello,

I am from australia, the ozzi forum is quite....well inactive, so i hope you folks can help.

Just got a 7800dxl today, brand new to all this. Assumed it would be a simple instal following the instructions.

Hooked up the device, logged onto it and ran through the quick start. Set up my WAN, and then the wireless. It all came back confirmed, ready to rock. However, I tried to access the internet, and nothing, couldnt even get a single web site. Tried connecting via a cable, again, nothing. Went and tested the xbox (wired) and that too has no connection. The xbox came back asking me for a "Taredo IP" ??? not sure what that is.

So, suffice to say, i'm a little stumped, not sure why i cant access the internet, as i'm now accessing it through my old modem (telstra supplied) and its working like a charm.

The basics:

7800dxl (lastest firmware)
Telstra ADSL2+ internet.
I/We use Apple computers
xbox one for games

Would just ike to know WHY i cant access the internet through the device. I got it to replace the somewhat cheap and nasty Telstra supplied modem.

Any help suggestions would be awesome. Willing to learn, but please remember Im new to the modem side of things

Cheers
bevan
Have you tried following the attached ADSL settings??

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport ... accordion1

I have limited info on Telstra AU, so I hope the settings help.

If that fails login to your telstra supplied modem and double check the settings to make sure they match your ADSL settings
bevomd

Re: Help with 7800dxl (australia) No internet

Post by bevomd »

Thanks for that, I have applied that and it is all working fantastic. Thanks again
bevomd

Re: Help with 7800dxl (australia) cant log into modem

Post by bevomd »

Rather than start a new topic, ill add to my existing one.

I have lost all ability to log into my modem. Whenever i try to access it 192.168.1.254, the popup for username and password will come up, however when i entered my changed details it wouldn't work. Tried again on another computer, still the same issue.

Googled how to solve issue, factory reset, cool.

Did that, however im still locked out. Each time i enter the details "admin" and "admin" the popup comes back constantly telling me that its incorrect.

My main laptop is a mac, i do however have a windows laptop i use as well, the issue happens on both laptops.

suggestions? help?
billion_fan

Re: Help with 7800dxl (australia) cant log into modem

Post by billion_fan »

bevomd wrote:Rather than start a new topic, ill add to my existing one.

I have lost all ability to log into my modem. Whenever i try to access it 192.168.1.254, the popup for username and password will come up, however when i entered my changed details it wouldn't work. Tried again on another computer, still the same issue.

Googled how to solve issue, factory reset, cool.

Did that, however im still locked out. Each time i enter the details "admin" and "admin" the popup comes back constantly telling me that its incorrect.

My main laptop is a mac, i do however have a windows laptop i use as well, the issue happens on both laptops.

suggestions? help?
The devices username and password are admin and admin, (all lower case)

Try another reset, using the paperclip/pin and hold the reset pin hole in for 10 seconds, the power light should start to flash once the reset procedure has stated. Then try again to login using admin and admin.