I know I want a Billion but dont know which one!

General discussions for anything not model specific
sgoaty

I know I want a Billion but dont know which one!

Post by sgoaty »

Hi

I'm in the market for a new ADSL router as my Netgear DGN2200 has just given up the ghost. Ive been trawling the net for the past few days and never realized quite how complicated picking one would be.

Ive used a BT Home hub 3 and 5 and had nothing but headaches with both of them thats why I ended up buying the Netgear from PC world.

I live rurally and have standard BT Broadband. I have a home network used mostly for watching movies on laptop from HDD on desktop.

I would like to connect the desktop PC and AV receiver Via Ethernet and the at least following devices wireless.

2 smart phones
2 laptops
Xbox 360
PS3
Airport express

Signal strength has never been an issue as i live in a bungalow which is around 15 years old so my main concerns are speed and reliability.
Ive been mostly looking at the 8800 NL or the 7800 DXL but im not dead set on either.
Can anyone offer any advice on the subject?
Thanks
Scott
MysteryFCM

Re: I know I want a Billion but dont know which one!

Post by MysteryFCM »

If you don't need a fancy replacement then the 8800NL (also has a built in vDSL modem (no more need for the OpenReach modem ;) )) will be fine (DX has more features but is also more expensive - but does not come with a build in vDSL modem (OpenReach modem will still be required))