Wireless N adapter not picking up network

General discussions for anything not model specific
Chris Booth

Wireless N adapter not picking up network

Post by Chris Booth »

Ok, so I've got a Billion BiPac 3011N Wireless-N usb adapter for my PC. I've used it before about a year ago and it was working fine then. But after not using it for a year, I plugged it into my PC, installed the updated drivers, and nothing happened. The Realtek 11n USB wireless lan utility program (came with the driver) does not seem to find the wireless network, something that my laptop picks up easily. I have even tried moving my PC closer to the router, but it still picks up nothing. The utility programme just says 'disconnected'.

I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Please help.

Also, I don't have a Billion router.
billion_fan

Re: Wireless N adapter not picking up network

Post by billion_fan »

Have you tried to use the USB N adapter in a different USB port?? Or a different PC??
Chris Booth

Post by Chris Booth »

I've already tried both of those... still not working...
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Chris Booth wrote:Ok, so I've got a Billion BiPac 3011N Wireless-N usb adapter for my PC. I've used it before about a year ago and it was working fine then. But after not using it for a year, I plugged it into my PC, installed the updated drivers, and nothing happened. The Realtek 11n USB wireless lan utility program (came with the driver) does not seem to find the wireless network, something that my laptop picks up easily. I have even tried moving my PC closer to the router, but it still picks up nothing. The utility programme just says 'disconnected'.

I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work. Please help.

Also, I don't have a Billion router.
The device comes with two year warranty, when did you purchase it??
Chris Booth

Post by Chris Booth »

About a year ago. But I still think that it's working because the light still flashes. My issue is that I want to know if there are any settings that I need to change, etc as the manual does not give much information.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Chris Booth wrote:About a year ago. But I still think that it's working because the light still flashes. My issue is that I want to know if there are any settings that I need to change, etc as the manual does not give much information.
There should no setting that need to adjusted for your PC to pick up the dongle.

Have you checked under 'Device Manager' on your PC to see if the dongle is recognized?
Chris Booth

Post by Chris Booth »

Well my PC has picked up the dongle, it's just not seeing the network which my laptop sees easily.

The device is shown on Device Manager to be under 'Network Adapters'.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Chris Booth wrote:Well my PC has picked up the dongle, it's just not seeing the network which my laptop sees easily.

The device is shown on Device Manager to be under 'Network Adapters'.
Can the dongle see any wireless networks eg neighbours wireless network??
Chris Booth

Post by Chris Booth »

No, it sees nothing. Although I can only read the one network from my laptop anyway.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Chris Booth wrote:No, it sees nothing. Although I can only read the one network from my laptop anyway.
It does seems like there is a issue with your dongle, as it cannot see your wireless network.

Did you try and uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver? Also what version version of windows are you using??