FTP PASV ? 7402X

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
jimmain

FTP PASV ? 7402X

Post by jimmain »

Hi,

I have allowed inbound and outbound on port 21.
I have used the default medium rule on the router which specifically enables FTP.

I can see any file listings or transfer any files, using either active or passive mode.
Is there some other setting that needs tweaking for the incoming connections to be correctly NAT'ed to the machine inside the firewall.

(I have this working with a less secure and older netgear ADSL router, so it's a router configuration problem of some kind)
I have setup the windows 2008 internal server as the DMZ host, so it should work?

If I change the firewall to low security FTP/TTL works properly, so I have configured the FTP rules incorrectly. Some pointers would be great.

Regards
Craig.
billion_fan

Re: FTP PASV ? 7402X

Post by billion_fan »

jimmain wrote:Hi,

I have allowed inbound and outbound on port 21.
I have used the default medium rule on the router which specifically enables FTP.

I can see any file listings or transfer any files, using either active or passive mode.
Is there some other setting that needs tweaking for the incoming connections to be correctly NAT'ed to the machine inside the firewall.

(I have this working with a less secure and older netgear ADSL router, so it's a router configuration problem of some kind)
I have setup the windows 2008 internal server as the DMZ host, so it should work?

If I change the firewall to low security FTP/TTL works properly, so I have configured the FTP rules incorrectly. Some pointers would be great.

Regards
Craig.
What is the issue, as you have stated "I can see any file listings or transfer any files, using either active or passive mode"

Can you post a another screen of your firewall setup.
jimmain

Post by jimmain »

Here is the setup.
screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

jimmain wrote:Here is the setup.
screen.jpg
Have you setup a virtual server rule also??