Internet Disconnects peridically

Discussion for BiPAC 7402 series: 7402, 7402G, 7402X, 7402GX, 7402NX..etc
CygonX

Internet Disconnects peridically

Post by CygonX »

First of all I have to say that this router is worth its money, very stable and works for months without turning off.

Although I am almost 100% sure it is NOT router caused problem, I get the following situation

One week ago I upgraded from ADSL 6Mb to ADSL2+ 24Mb. The router handles it very well but everyday from 22:00 - 07:00 while the adsl interfced is synchronised to 11mb speed the actual speed I am getting in my LAN/WiFi equipment is 30 Kbps making internet browsing impossible (like the old dial up days)
I am pretty sure that is the providers problem because the problem occur the specific hours mentioned above and I also checked the Timeschedule menu on the router and it is not enabled. I dont know what else to check and I already talked to my provider, they are still checking it

Any advice would be appreciated
Regards
billion_fan

Re: Internet Disconnects peridically

Post by billion_fan »

CygonX wrote:First of all I have to say that this router is worth its money, very stable and works for months without turning off.

Although I am almost 100% sure it is NOT router caused problem, I get the following situation

One week ago I upgraded from ADSL 6Mb to ADSL2+ 24Mb. The router handles it very well but everyday from 22:00 - 07:00 while the adsl interfced is synchronised to 11mb speed the actual speed I am getting in my LAN/WiFi equipment is 30 Kbps making internet browsing impossible (like the old dial up days)
I am pretty sure that is the providers problem because the problem occur the specific hours mentioned above and I also checked the Timeschedule menu on the router and it is not enabled. I dont know what else to check and I already talked to my provider, they are still checking it

Any advice would be appreciated
Regards
The only other thing you can do is test another modem router on your line
boomer

Re: Internet Disconnects peridically

Post by boomer »

A screen capture of the ADSL Status page before and after the problem occurs would be helpful. You can try changing Connect Mode from All to ADSL2+, auto-fallback (Configuration->WAN->ADSL Mode), if you haven't done so already. This sometimes helps clear up confusion between the modem and the DSLAM. Your modem will also synchronise faster when connecting.