Setting up BE

Discussions for BiPAC 7700 series: 7700N
EyponMB

Setting up BE

Post by EyponMB »

I've been trying all day to set up this router for a static IP

but i can't find the options please can someone help

i was hoping there would be a wan profile like the 7800 but no nothing of the sort :?
billion_fan

Re: Setting up BE

Post by billion_fan »

Hi

Please try the following guide,

Link below.

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... t-up-guide
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

I've had the same problem trying to set up the 7700N with the static-IP O2 broadband service. There simply isn't any way of entering all the necessary details into the router config to get an internet connection.

The web page linked by billion_fan appears to provide no information at all - it just tells you to log in to the router, nothing else.

Has anyone been able to get the 7700N up and running with O2 or Be, please? Or can anyone from Billion provide some advice? Many thanks.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

There seems to be a issue with the screen shots on the link, I will speak to admin to get this resolved and update you once done.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Link now fixed
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

That's most helpful. I'm now up and running, thanks very much indeed.

There's just one slight headache: it seems that I can maintain an internet connection only if I keep the DNS Proxy enabled in the router config. This appears to be because if I disable it, as I would prefer to do, the addresses of my chosen DNS nameservers aren't transmitted to my computer's operating system (Linux) on restarting. Any thoughts about this, please? Thanks again.