7800N line stats and snr tweak

usermac

7800N line stats and snr tweak

Post by usermac »

Hi I am having a problem with high pings I cant get the ping to come back down to 15ms. I have had this problem ware I was using a bt hub 3 but the stupid thing would keep restarting every 2-3 days and then putting my snr margin up.
I am trying to tweak the snr but dont know how to do this properly. I understand how to get to the hidden menu for the SNR change but nothing happerens when I press apply.

ADSL Status

Parameters
DSP Firmware Version A2pB025f.d22k
DMT Status No Defect
Operational Mode G.DMT
Upstream 832
Downstream 8128
SNR Margin(Upstream) 12.0
SNR Margin(Downstream) 13.8
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 5.0
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 7.0
billion_fan

Re: 7800N line stats and snr tweak

Post by billion_fan »

usermac wrote:Hi I am having a problem with high pings I cant get the ping to come back down to 15ms. I have had this problem ware I was using a bt hub 3 but the stupid thing would keep restarting every 2-3 days and then putting my snr margin up.
I am trying to tweak the snr but dont know how to do this properly. I understand how to get to the hidden menu for the SNR change but nothing happerens when I press apply.

ADSL Status

Parameters
DSP Firmware Version A2pB025f.d22k
DMT Status No Defect
Operational Mode G.DMT
Upstream 832
Downstream 8128
SNR Margin(Upstream) 12.0
SNR Margin(Downstream) 13.8
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 5.0
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 7.0
Have a look at the following thread, it has SNR tables/values

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/billion-7800n

If you enter a value and the SNR downstream value does not change then your ISP is over ridding the change, eg DLM
usermac

Post by usermac »

Typical BT they said I had no line caps guess the DLM is blocking me.I had in mind that this unit overdid the DLM :( One other thing I am unable to setup the WLAN, there is no options to do this at all feeling quite disappointed with this purchase after all the hype it has got.

Device Information

Model Name BiPAC 7800N

Software Version 1.06h
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

usermac wrote:Typical BT they said I had no line caps guess the DLM is blocking me.I had in mind that this unit overdid the DLM :( One other thing I am unable to setup the WLAN, there is no options to do this at all feeling quite disappointed with this purchase after all the hype it has got.

Device Information

Model Name BiPAC 7800N

Software Version 1.06h
If the wireless menus are missing, most likely the device is suffering from a wireless failure, (return to the retailer if this is the case)
usermac

Post by usermac »

oh no don't say that I got this off Ebay surly this is more software/firmware related issue??
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

usermac wrote:oh no don't say that I got this off Ebay surly this is more software/firmware related issue??
Nope hardware related, (missing wireless menus)
usermac

Post by usermac »

Ok so I got another one of these 7800N Routers and now I can see the wlan setting bit. I have put settings in pressed apply & save config/flash bit but I can not see this unit broadcasting.
Starting to think Billion is over rated as nothing seems to work.