7800N and Sky Wireless Router

Thorsy22

7800N and Sky Wireless Router

Post by Thorsy22 »

Hi everyone

Hoping someone will be able to help me and tell me what I want to do is possible or not.

Currently I have a sky wireless hub setup in the lounge (downstairs) which is the only router on the network.
There is no AV or sky points upstairs so I wanted to install an android TV box so I can watch TV/films etc.
It's not practical to run a long Ethernet cable so I was wondering if I could use the 7800N as a wireless bridge from the sky router to then provide a wired connection to the android TV box.

I know another option is to do this over the power lines but that would involve buying more kit, if I can utilize what I've got without more outlay that would be fantastic.

If anyone has any knowledge on how to do this or if this is even possible that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance
Thorsy
billion_fan

Re: 7800N and Sky Wireless Router

Post by billion_fan »

Thorsy22 wrote:Hi everyone

Hoping someone will be able to help me and tell me what I want to do is possible or not.

Currently I have a sky wireless hub setup in the lounge (downstairs) which is the only router on the network.
There is no AV or sky points upstairs so I wanted to install an android TV box so I can watch TV/films etc.
It's not practical to run a long Ethernet cable so I was wondering if I could use the 7800N as a wireless bridge from the sky router to then provide a wired connection to the android TV box.

I know another option is to do this over the power lines but that would involve buying more kit, if I can utilize what I've got without more outlay that would be fantastic.

If anyone has any knowledge on how to do this or if this is even possible that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance
Thorsy
It all depends if your Sky router supports WDS, even with WDS you might have a known wireless chipset compatibility issues. (so might now work, or will work with lower security eg WEP)