How to setup sky fibre using BT fibre modem 7800n

kaisersuzae

How to setup sky fibre using BT fibre modem 7800n

Post by kaisersuzae »

Hi need help in configuring Bt fibre modem hg12.
My previous connection I had installed the sky modem fibre with the 7800n. I just purchased the BT fibre modem and have unlocked it and installed the huewi firmware recommended. But can't workout where I input the sky username etc into the modem.

Please advise
billion_fan

Re: How to setup sky fibre using BT fibre modem 7800n

Post by billion_fan »

You need to enter your Sky username in the 7800N, (the 7800N connects to the open reach modem, EWAN on the 7800N >>> open reach modem port 1)

Then configure the 7800N for a EWAN connection, Protocol = obtain a IP address automatically, Client ID = sky username and password with a '|' inbetween eg username@skydsl|password

I would you the 'Basic >> WAN' page to make this change
kaisersuzae

Post by kaisersuzae »

So no space inbetween username | and password?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kaisersuzae wrote:So no space inbetween username | and password?
That's right example username@skydsl|password
kaisersuzae

Post by kaisersuzae »

Ok so I got it to work with by open modem. Funny though my laptop finds it very hard to connect to the 7800n. If idols connect, it will have connect for about 30secs and drops it again. My iPad/iPhone etc work perfectly fine. Just my laptop won't connect to the 7800n.

So I switched back to the sky router for modem. Again everything else worked fine on 7800 but my laptop will not connect. It connects fine to sky router with no problems. So currently have the laptop running on sky and all other hardware on the 7800. Any ideas?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kaisersuzae wrote:Ok so I got it to work with by open modem. Funny though my laptop finds it very hard to connect to the 7800n. If idols connect, it will have connect for about 30secs and drops it again. My iPad/iPhone etc work perfectly fine. Just my laptop won't connect to the 7800n.

So I switched back to the sky router for modem. Again everything else worked fine on 7800 but my laptop will not connect. It connects fine to sky router with no problems. So currently have the laptop running on sky and all other hardware on the 7800. Any ideas?
Not sure mate, if everything else is performing fine when connected to the 7800, have you tried to change the 'Channel Width' to '20mhz' to see if that helps?