"image illegal" flashing a 7820NZ

moss78

"image illegal" flashing a 7820NZ

Post by moss78 »

Greetings everyone,

I bought a billion router model 7820NZ, beautiful machine!

There was one problem though, router wouldn't load the login page on my computer browser, only time I was able to is when I used windows XP and internet explorer from virtual machine.

I thought if I was to update firmware it might get rid of this issue.

I tried to flash with BiPAC 7820NZ "2.32e" firmware from Billion UK Support, it would stop halfway in the flashing process saying that image is illegal!

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Thanks a billion!
billion_fan

Re: "image illegal" flashing a 7820NZ

Post by billion_fan »

moss78 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:34 pm Greetings everyone,

I bought a billion router model 7820NZ, beautiful machine!

There was one problem though, router wouldn't load the login page on my computer browser, only time I was able to is when I used windows XP and internet explorer from virtual machine.

I thought if I was to update firmware it might get rid of this issue.

I tried to flash with BiPAC 7820NZ "2.32e" firmware from Billion UK Support, it would stop halfway in the flashing process saying that image is illegal!

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Thanks a billion!
Your device probably has a regional/ISP locked firmware. (hence the normal 2.32e firmware will not work)

You will need to contact your place of purchase or support@billion.com (Billion HQ) for further assistance.

2.32e has been tested and working on the Bipac 7820NZ UK version. (7820NZ has been discontinued a long time ago now, replacement is 8920NZ)
moss78

Post by moss78 »

Thank you @billion_fan for the prompt response.

I have emailed them previously with no response, I just emailed them again, I didn't realize it was an older router.

I hope a new firmware will enable access from newer browsers.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

moss78 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:28 pm Thank you @billion_fan for the prompt response.

I have emailed them previously with no response, I just emailed them again, I didn't realize it was an older router.

I hope a new firmware will enable access from newer browsers.
I've tested my Windows 10 PC running latest version of Chrome and there is no issue logging into the web gui. (so you might want to check your firewall settings or antivirus, to see if any of them are blocking the connection)

See attached screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.