Connect To WiFi

honkin

Connect To WiFi

Post by honkin »

hi

We have just moved overseas and are now living in Thailand. In the house, the landlord already has a wifi network installed, so have no need for my 7800N to do that job any more. But I want to now connect the router to my NAS. To do this, I would assume the router would need to be able to login to the wifi network already setup in the house.

I am not a real techie as far as this goes. I had no issues plugging the router into the ADSL connection back home and configuring it for internet use, but this now just needs to login into another wifi network.

Could anyone please share how this is possible......what settings I would need to change and where I would even find the wifi network on my Billion?

cheers

honkin
billion_fan

Re: Connect To WiFi

Post by billion_fan »

honkin wrote:hi

We have just moved overseas and are now living in Thailand. In the house, the landlord already has a wifi network installed, so have no need for my 7800N to do that job any more. But I want to now connect the router to my NAS. To do this, I would assume the router would need to be able to login to the wifi network already setup in the house.

I am not a real techie as far as this goes. I had no issues plugging the router into the ADSL connection back home and configuring it for internet use, but this now just needs to login into another wifi network.

Could anyone please share how this is possible......what settings I would need to change and where I would even find the wifi network on my Billion?

cheers

honkin
Can't be done, the 7800N can only connect via Ethernet cable to your network (there is no option to configure the 7800N to accept a wifi connection to your network)