7800N WDS issue with Talk Talk Biz modem/router

IanJohnston

7800N WDS issue with Talk Talk Biz modem/router

Post by IanJohnston »

Hi all,

Have been running a couple of 7800N routers, one is the main house 7800N and is connected to a BT DSL modem, and the other 7800N is in another building on my property connected via WDS to the main 7800N. Has been working great for the past couple of years.

So, I needed another DSL line for business, so got this installed and it came with a Talk Talk Business supplied Huawei 633 which works fine. I have the Huawei connected to a web/email server...lets say the domain is mydomain.com. I have also connected the cat 5 between the 2 networks as they are all on the same subnet mask (different IP's). All works as intended........

The problem is at the remote building. I can browse the web as before, I can see all devices including the new server......and this is where there's an issue. If I try to browse to the web server www.mydomain.com it comes up with the 2nd DSL line Huawei 633 login page......the login is on port 80 (why oh why oh why!). So, it looks like WDS is somehow affecting something. Unfortunately, port 80 is fixed and can't be changed.

I can browse to the correct website on my server using the IP address of the server ( http://192.168.1.110 ).

I tried changing the Huawei for a spare Billion 8200N that I have and although this works, the upload speed is 1MB/s compared to 4MB/s on the Huawei so don't want to use it.

So, is there anything I can do with the WDS link to fix this?

Ian.
IanJohnston

Re: 7800N WDS issue with Talk Talk Biz modem/router

Post by IanJohnston »

Update:

In the house if I browse to http://www.portchecker.co it shows me the IP address of the original DSL router.
If I do the same from the remote building I get the IP address of the 2nd DSL router!!

The only GATEWAY configured to use the 2nd router is the new web/email server......nothing else should be using it.

.......so I changed changed the PC at the remote building from DCHP to fixed IP and set the gateway to the original router and bingo all is working.

I thought I had disabled DCHP on the Huawei633 but maybe not.....

Anyways, no more login page....all ok now....touchwood!

Ian.