Revitalising Network

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
Haley010

Revitalising Network

Post by Haley010 »

I currently have a BiPAC7800N Router and four Solwise Homeplug AV200Mbps ethernet adapters with a wireless range extender. This works great but because my house is old with thick walls I have a few wireless dead spots. I am very happy with the Router so thought I'd upgrade by replacing the Solwise adapters with two BiPAC 2073R''s plus a BiPAC2073N to cure the dead spot reception. A costly upgrade but worth it I felt to get quality products which should all work together beautifully. How wrong I was! None of the new adapters work and are not recognised by the Utility although curiously one of them was picked up when in desperation I ran the Solwise Utility! Not surprisingly however it doesn't allow me access to the unit.
The BiPAC Utility Diagnostic Section reports:
"BiPAC HomePlug AV 200 Utility V5.0, Build 1.6
Library: PLCLIB32.DLL V5.50, Build 18.5
Driver: \windows\system32\drivers\PLCND532.SYS V5.50, Build 18.5
Driver: \windows\system32\drivers\PLCMP532.SYS Not Present"
This may be relevant but is meaningless to me and I do not have time just now to submit Tickets for three pieces of kit.
Can anyone help point me in the right direction please or do these Plugs need to be returned to Santa?
billion_fan

Re: Revitalising Network

Post by billion_fan »

Please make sure the PLC light on both homeplugs are on, if they are not you may need to reset both devices

To reset the Bipac 2073R2, hold the reset button down for 2 seconds and the power light should flash off/on to indicate the reset

To reset the Bipac 2073N, hold the reset pin hole in for 10 seconds and the WLAN light will start to flash, once it stops flashing the device is resetted.

Also make sure you setup both device in the same room first.
Haley010

Post by Haley010 »

Many thanks for posting a response at this time. I am most grateful.
I have tried resetting to no avail. The PLC light does come on initially but after a while reverts to flashing.
I will have to stop playing with my computer over the Festive Season (!) but will start afresh trying to solve the problem when I return to base in the New Year - and will of course let you know how I fare.
I will be grateful for any other advice you may have but in the meantime Merry Christmas to you & other Forum readers.
Haley010

Post by Haley010 »

Hallelujah!! After much fiddling they are finally working. Setting them up in the same room just would not work - don't ask me why.
In desperation I decided to simply replace the Solwise Homeplugs in the three rooms they currently service with the Billion equivalents & BINGO. Go figure.
All's well that ends well & I'm a happy bunny with no more wi-fi dead spots. Yippee.
Haley010

Post by Haley010 »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that even though the Plugs are all functioning as they should be for some reason the Utility still does not pick them up & resolutely shows NO Homeplugs are connected. Not sure what to make of that!
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Haley010 wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention that even though the Plugs are all functioning as they should be for some reason the Utility still does not pick them up & resolutely shows NO Homeplugs are connected. Not sure what to make of that!

Try connecting your computer (running the utility) to one of the homeplug devices, this should pick up the homeplugs.

If you still cannot see the homeplugs, try the latest utility found here.

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... 75-utility (the utility is for the P108, but still works with the P106)

You will need to uninstall your older utility first, before installing the new one
Haley010

Post by Haley010 »

Many thanks. The Utility now displays all the Homeplugs.
This thread can now be considered closed.