Vodafone fault wiped the router

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
rolfrobinson

Vodafone fault wiped the router

Post by rolfrobinson »

Hi
I have Vodafone as my broadband provider. Something odd happened which I haven't had before, the router was reset to login and change password which was like a new installation. So I thought if I am going to setup again might as well do it from scratch. I am on firmware 2.d52.d36
BiPAC 8900AX2400. Once i had done the basics internet - wifi setup - When it tried to link my Netatmo Presence camera it kept going through a configure network routine. It would connect to the router and I can see it in DHCP table but it wouldn't "connect" and kept going round in a loop. Switched back to my Vodafone router and connected straight away. I have done a few tweaks over the years so cant remember if I initially did this via a help call but remember something around IPSec?

I have to keep the Vodafone router on for the moment as there is an issue that the speed has dropped to below the agreed minimum level and they will only reimburse me and fix the line if that is connected.

So what I am after is a back to basics setup manual to setup my router, as its quicker and more reliable than the Vodafone one, do I need to update the firmware and which options should I do as a standard setup? Then when Vodafone have done I can switch it back once they have finished on it. I couldn't see anything obvious on the forums apologies if it is there. The only thing I do miss on the Vodafone router compared to the billion one is the selecting a boost priority of a device such as my xbox which can be done via the app. is this something that can be done on the billion?

Thanks in advance.
billion_fan

Re: Vodafone fault wiped the router

Post by billion_fan »

rolfrobinson wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am Hi
I have Vodafone as my broadband provider. Something odd happened which I haven't had before, the router was reset to login and change password which was like a new installation. So I thought if I am going to setup again might as well do it from scratch. I am on firmware 2.d52.d36
BiPAC 8900AX2400. Once i had done the basics internet - wifi setup - When it tried to link my Netatmo Presence camera it kept going through a configure network routine. It would connect to the router and I can see it in DHCP table but it wouldn't "connect" and kept going round in a loop. Switched back to my Vodafone router and connected straight away. I have done a few tweaks over the years so cant remember if I initially did this via a help call but remember something around IPSec?

I have to keep the Vodafone router on for the moment as there is an issue that the speed has dropped to below the agreed minimum level and they will only reimburse me and fix the line if that is connected.

So what I am after is a back to basics setup manual to setup my router, as its quicker and more reliable than the Vodafone one, do I need to update the firmware and which options should I do as a standard setup? Then when Vodafone have done I can switch it back once they have finished on it. I couldn't see anything obvious on the forums apologies if it is there. The only thing I do miss on the Vodafone router compared to the billion one is the selecting a boost priority of a device such as my xbox which can be done via the app. is this something that can be done on the billion?

Thanks in advance.
Try setting up the device as usual, for a internet connection with Vodafone, and also setup the wireless per usual.

Then regarding the IPsec issue, click on 'Configuration >> NAT >>> ALG' set the 'IPsec' option to 'Disable' and click on 'Apply'

Then try and connect your netatmo camera again.

Also the latest firmware version is d41 (for the 8900AX-2400) which can be found on the following link viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14984&sid=8fdc84da ... 2&start=40

Please note if you are upgrading to this firmware, you will need to upgrade the device, reset it back to factory default settings and manually reconfigure the device again, to ensure all changes within the firmware are implemented correctly.