Static IP Lease List

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
nightcustard

Re: Static IP Lease List

Post by nightcustard »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Fri May 14, 2021 9:03 pm
billion_fan wrote: ↑Wed May 12, 2021 12:34 pm Attached is a test firmware with the static IP lease list increased to 128 entries.

Let me know if it works fine
Excellent stuff, BF. I'll give it a spin tomorrow 😁
BTW is this firmware an iteration of the recent 2.52.d48 release?
[Edit 15/5/21] I can add more static IP addresses! Thank you :-)
I think I've hit one snag with the test firmware - the 5g WiFi interface (wl1) doesn't permit internet access when it's a member of the default interface group. However, I CAN access the internet via the guest 5g interface (which is a member of a different interface group).
If I create a new interface group with only the wl1 5g interface in, I can connect to it and access the internet. I can also create a new interface group with all my working interfaces in (ie) the 'Default' group now only has the unused LAN ports in, and can connect to either the wi0 2.4 and wi1 5g interfaces and internet access is OK.
I've got groups isolation applied but not clients isolation on the WiFi interfaces.

[Edit] All appears to be OK after disabling and re-enabling the 2.4g wireless service. I can't put my hand on my heart and say that was definitely what rectified the 5g issue as I had also reset the router a couple of times but after the last reset, I couldn't log onto the 2.4g service so I turned it off and on again. I then tried the 5g service and found that I now had internet access on that service as well. Ah well - that's two hours of my time I'll not get back but at least it's working.....
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Sun May 16, 2021 9:27 am
billion_fan wrote: ↑Wed May 12, 2021 12:34 pm Attached is a test firmware with the static IP lease list increased to 128 entries.

Let me know if it works fine
I think I've hit one snag with the test firmware - the 5g WiFi interface (wl1) doesn't permit internet access when it's a member of the default interface group. However, I CAN access the internet via the guest 5g interface (which is a member of a different interface group).
If I create a new interface group with only the wl1 5g interface in, I can connect to it and access the internet. I can also create a new interface group with all my working interfaces in (ie) the 'Default' group now only has the unused LAN ports in, and can connect to either the wi0 2.4 and wi1 5g interfaces and internet access is OK.
I've got groups isolation applied but not clients isolation on the WiFi interfaces.

[Edit] All appears to be OK after disabling and re-enabling the 2.4g wireless service. I can't put my hand on my heart and say that was definitely what rectified the 5g issue as I had also reset the router a couple of times but after the last reset, I couldn't log onto the 2.4g service so I turned it off and on again. I then tried the 5g service and found that I now had internet access on that service as well. Ah well - that's two hours of my time I'll not get back but at least it's working.....

Do you have a copy of your config that had the issue?? (so our engineers can replicate the issue and see what the issue might be)
nightcustard

Post by nightcustard »

billion_fan wrote: ↑Mon May 17, 2021 9:42 am

Do you have a copy of your config that had the issue?? (so our engineers can replicate the issue and see what the issue might be)
Sorry about the delay! I do. I set the password to default before saving it - how do you want me to send it?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Sat May 22, 2021 10:32 pm

Sorry about the delay! I do. I set the password to default before saving it - how do you want me to send it?
If you can email it to support@billion.uk.com that would be great
nightcustard

Post by nightcustard »

billion_fan wrote: ↑Mon May 24, 2021 9:02 am

Done, and thanks.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nightcustard wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Done, and thanks.
Thanks for the that, I will test the wireless bands while running your config shortly.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: ↑Wed May 26, 2021 9:22 am
nightcustard wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Done, and thanks.
Thanks for the that, I will test the wireless bands while running your config shortly.
All done, email sent with my conclusion