help the 8800NL is driving me up the wall

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
simonj

help the 8800NL is driving me up the wall

Post by simonj »

Hi,
I am looking for some help from the Billion community. My ISP is beaming and recently I had a power outage on my broadband line. I live in a small village but have a 40 mbit VDSL service FTTC.
I had a billion 8200 router but after the outage the router failed to connect to the ISP. Beaming told me it was a problem they had seen before and sent me an 8800NL as a £90 replacement. I guess the extra was to configure it (although not apparently with my wireless settings or my old admin password - helpfully for hackers they left the default).
Well I am having all sorts of problems:

Every few minutes (actually a few times every minute) my devices connected by WiFi cannot communicate. They can't even connect to the router ip to allow me to login to restart/investigate it). At first my WiFi speeds were fast 37 mbs but now they can be as low as 0.54 mbits download and half that for upload. Wired seems ok.

Can anyone suggest what useful diagnosis I can do and what I can gather? Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help?
My wireless setting is 20 kHz as suggested elsewhere. Interference is low, nothing has changed in my house since the old router or the first day of this one...when things were fine.
I am getting pretty desperate but before I call beaming I thought you guys may be able to help.
My wireless driver version is:
6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4
Sam
swatboy79

Re: help the 8800NL is driving me up the wall

Post by swatboy79 »

Try another wifi channel.
billion_fan

Re: help the 8800NL is driving me up the wall

Post by billion_fan »

simonj wrote:Hi,
I am looking for some help from the Billion community. My ISP is beaming and recently I had a power outage on my broadband line. I live in a small village but have a 40 mbit VDSL service FTTC.
I had a billion 8200 router but after the outage the router failed to connect to the ISP. Beaming told me it was a problem they had seen before and sent me an 8800NL as a £90 replacement. I guess the extra was to configure it (although not apparently with my wireless settings or my old admin password - helpfully for hackers they left the default).
Well I am having all sorts of problems:

Every few minutes (actually a few times every minute) my devices connected by WiFi cannot communicate. They can't even connect to the router ip to allow me to login to restart/investigate it). At first my WiFi speeds were fast 37 mbs but now they can be as low as 0.54 mbits download and half that for upload. Wired seems ok.

Can anyone suggest what useful diagnosis I can do and what I can gather? Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help?
My wireless setting is 20 kHz as suggested elsewhere. Interference is low, nothing has changed in my house since the old router or the first day of this one...when things were fine.
I am getting pretty desperate but before I call beaming I thought you guys may be able to help.
My wireless driver version is:
6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4
Sam
Try changing the wireless channel, to channel 1 or 11 as shown on the attached screen shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.