8900AX-2400 Availability Update

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
mognog

Re: 8900AX-2400 Availability Update

Post by mognog »

I'll pick this case up on Tuesday (as its bank holiday weekend), need to have a look at your system log also to see what the issue is

PS you have a lot of IPOE EThernet connections, you don't need that many lol, also you don't need the pppoa one, as that's for ADSL (this won't impact your PTM >> IPOE though, just a side comment)
Ok I'll delete them. I think they were added automatically when I do the quick start up.

Maybe I will re-test it over night in case the dhcp lease is longer than 1 hour.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Maybe wait for a day or so before testing, you don't want DLM kicking in
lamster

Post by lamster »

Tracking shows mine is at local delivery office.........hope the buggers bring it today :roll:
scrwal

Post by scrwal »

Mognog - Do Sky actualy use IPv6 as this isn't the norm in the UK, BT don't. So it could be possible that you don't enable the IPv6 but use only the IPv4 - I'm only guessing but the OR modem could be linking using IPv4 only which is why that works.
gatekeeper

Post by gatekeeper »

I support what scrwal's stated. Over the last 12 months I've quizzed my ISP a couple of times on the subject of IPv6, and their response has always been that their network supplier does not implement IPv6, and my ISP reckons they've no date as such for when IPv6 will eventually go forward. So, I'd ensure that when you configure the 8900AX-2400 you set it to IPv4, not IPv6. That may or may not be a contributing reason for you not getting a connection.
lamster

Post by lamster »

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon 8-)

I set mine up on an old laptop via ethanet cable (Phone line not connected) Once I had changed the settings so it will work with Sky I then
setup all my static IP addresses as I wanted to make sure it didnt want to reboot incase it caused DLM to kick in, Once I added all the IPs I
backed up config, disconnected the Sky router and replaced it with the 8900.

Turned everything on and it booted up and connected withing 60 seconds :o Made up!!!!! :mrgreen:

Im sure mine is connected to IPv6 also, A friend has an 8800AXL and he gave me his IPv6 setting that Billion sent him as he has just had Sky Q
installed and the mini box will only work with an IPv6 address, the settings sorted this out for him, so I put them in mine and it shows an IPv6
address in the Status>Device Info screen.
mognog

Post by mognog »

Hi Scrawl, lamster, gatekeeper

With regards to your IPV6 posts I googled 'sky broadband IPv6 Rollout' and found the following information below:

"Customers of Sky Broadband will soon start to see the Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) addressing standard being enabled
on their connections as the ISP begins to progress beyond last year’s large scale trials,
with the final firmware update for Sky’s routers likely to be rolled out during Q1 – Q2 2016."

"Sky will push all subscribers onto IPv6 network by summer 2016
And BT commits to 100% IPv6 coverage by end of 2016."

So it could be that I'm on IPV4 or IPV6 as it appears to be an imminent change. Does the status in the Billion router indicate which protocol is currently being used?

I checked my speed and it seems ok so I don’t think DLM has kicked in with all my fiddling about last week.
I'll give it another go this week when I'm ready and see what happens. I'll report back any findings.

Oh and congratulations lamster on the birth of your new router :mrgreen:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote:Mine arrived yesterday afternoon 8-)

I set mine up on an old laptop via ethanet cable (Phone line not connected) Once I had changed the settings so it will work with Sky I then
setup all my static IP addresses as I wanted to make sure it didnt want to reboot incase it caused DLM to kick in, Once I added all the IPs I
backed up config, disconnected the Sky router and replaced it with the 8900.

Turned everything on and it booted up and connected withing 60 seconds :o Made up!!!!! :mrgreen:

Im sure mine is connected to IPv6 also, A friend has an 8800AXL and he gave me his IPv6 setting that Billion sent him as he has just had Sky Q
installed and the mini box will only work with an IPv6 address, the settings sorted this out for him, so I put them in mine and it shows an IPv6
address in the Status>Device Info screen.

Are you Sky ADSL or FTTC??
lamster

Post by lamster »

Cheers mognog, Its deffo a stepup from the Sky SR102 8-)

billion_fan wrote:

FTTC mate, I had a look on the Sky router before I disconnected it and it had addresses in the IPv6 section

I have a screen grab taken the other day off the 8900 if you want to see it, can take any others you want if you tell me what you would like, I still
getting used to all the sections etc thats available lol, I find what im looking for one minute, takes me 10 to find it again :lol:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote:Cheers mognog, Its deffo a stepup from the Sky SR102 8-)

billion_fan wrote:

FTTC mate, I had a look on the Sky router before I disconnected it and it had addresses in the IPv6 section

I have a screen grab taken the other day off the 8900 if you want to see it, can take any others you want if you tell me what you would like, I still
getting used to all the sections etc thats available lol, I find what im looking for one minute, takes me 10 to find it again :lol:
As mognog was having issues with Sky Fibre, I was looking for confirmation, if it works for you, it should also work for him also as one box solution.

If you have a IPv6 address within the status >> WAN section and the 'DHCPv6 Server', Issue Router Advertisements and 'Stateless' is enabled under Configuration >> LAN >> IPv6 Autoconfig' you should be fine.