Buggy v34 firmware. Losing VDSL Modem Sync

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
lamster

Re: Buggy v34 firmware. Losing VDSL Modem Sync

Post by lamster »

billion_fan wrote:
lamster wrote: Ive had a similar problem with the 5ghz band on v36, never had a problem on v32 tho.

When I updated from v32 to v36 everything was fine for about 10 days, then all of a sudden nothing would connect to the 5ghz band, and when
you searched for it it didnt show, the led was off on the router but the band was switched on when you went into the router settings, Rebooted
the router and its been fine for the past 24 days.

I dont have any issues etc with connection dropping its been fine, one thing everyone here seems to have problems with on anything apple is
videos whether its on facebook or youtube or film trailers on imdb take ages to start playing, im talking 30 seconds or more, same thing
on the 4 PCs in the house and its instant playback???

Doesnt matter if its macbook, iPhone, iPad or iPod its the same, if I go back to the Sky router they play straight away :?
No problem here, I tested both firmwares v32 (virgin 200mbps) and d3 (BT 80mbps) both working fine with my mac book pro connected to the 5ghz band, using safari, I click on the video and they stream straight away. (tested with youtube)

I just ran a quick test on my brothers iPhone 6s + and videos load fine, one thing to make sure your wireless settings are set to WPA2 with "WPA/WAPI Encryption" set to AES

My wireless settings are WPA2-PSK and WPA/WAPI Encryption set to AES, Do you think the WA2-PSK could be the issue? and I should switch it
to WPA2 only.
Radiocrazy

Post by Radiocrazy »

lamster wrote:
billion_fan wrote:
lamster wrote: Ive had a similar problem with the 5ghz band on v36, never had a problem on v32 tho.

When I updated from v32 to v36 everything was fine for about 10 days, then all of a sudden nothing would connect to the 5ghz band, and when
you searched for it it didnt show, the led was off on the router but the band was switched on when you went into the router settings, Rebooted

I dont have any issues etc with connection dropping its been fine, one thing everyone here seems to have problems with on anything apple is
videos whether its on facebook or youtube or film trailers on imdb take ages to start playing, im talking 30 seconds or more, same thing

Doesnt matter if its macbook, iPhone, iPad or iPod its the same, if I go back to the Sky router they play straight away :?
No problem here, I tested both firmwares v32 (virgin 200mbps) and d3 (BT 80mbps) both working fine with my mac book pro connected to the 5ghz band, using safari, I click on the video and they stream straight away. (tested with youtube)

I just ran a quick test on my brothers iPhone 6s + and videos load fine, one thing to make sure your wireless settings are set to WPA2 with "WPA/WAPI Encryption" set to AES

My wireless settings are WPA2-PSK and WPA/WAPI Encryption set to AES, Do you think the WA2-PSK could be the issue? and I should switch it
to WPA2 only.
You should be fine with WPA2-PSK (Pre-Shared Key), all my WiFi equipment works fine including iPad & iPhone, some routers only have WPA2-PSK, strong password like cat :lol: you should be OK
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote:
billion_fan wrote:

to WPA2 only.
I guess the next step will be to try the newer firmware, leave the settings on default (other then the WAN and wireless password) leave the SSID as default and check to see if you have the same issue (I would connect one device at a time)